Shaking Flames in the Blowing Winds (A Response to leaveyouapens’ Burning Bridges)
She stood there
lighter in hand,
still hesitant if this was what she wanted,
or if it was what she thought she needed,
what society expected of her.
The world seemed to be in agreement
Burn him the way he burnt you
But she couldn’t.
Not yet anyway.
She still loved him.
Didn’t want to hurt him.
But the bridge needed to be burnt.
You’ll be better off
Just move on.
You don’t need this.
She told herself
But even she,
the master of words
teller of true tall tales
vixen with the silver tongue
couldn’t convince herself.
Burn the bridge
Leave yourself with memories
and nothing else.
Her hands shook
like the flame she held
uncertain of its fate
in the blowing wind.
- lolsunkist reblogged this from leaveyouapen
- 0010100111 reblogged this from leaveyouapen and added:
- brighteyesbruisedbones reblogged this from leaveyouapen
- athousandmistingdawns likes this
- leahphyllis likes this
- middnightescape likes this
- aspiretoinspireothers likes this
- lullabyesandcheapchampagne likes this
- qtara likes this
- eyezoffyre likes this
- domiiniikandreamer23 likes this
- fortruthformercy reblogged this from leaveyouapen
- sylswords likes this
- shereenahmed likes this
- babeth reblogged this from leaveyouapen
- nickcook likes this
- takingstockofwhatmattersmost likes this
- hydrangeasandheliumhearts likes this
- mikefrawley likes this
- leaveyouapen likes this
- andtheworldbegantoturnoncemore reblogged this from missmegansmusings
- missmegansmusings posted this